The scene on London Bridge in the aftermath of a reported shooting, Nov. 29, 2019, in this still image obtained from a social media video. British police have identified the knife-wielding man who attacked pedestrians Friday on London Bridge, saying he had previously been convicted of terror-related offenses.
The attacker, Usman Khan, 28, was convicted in 2012, police said. He was released on probation in December 2018. Police Commissioner Cressida Dick confirmed that the two stabbing victims had died, in addition to Usman, whom police confronted and killed on the iconic bridge. The commissioner said three other people were wounded in the incident.
Police said Khan was wearing a fake suicide device when he began the knife attack on pedestrians at the north end of the bridge.
A number of civilians apparently fought back, tackling the man and wresting the knife away from him. Amateur video posted on Twitter showed police converging on the struggle and an individual being dragged off by police. Police then shot the man dead at close range.
Köhnə versiyamızdan xəbərləri izlə