Two victims have died in a hospital after a shooting Thursday at a southern California school. Six victims were transported to a hospital after the shooting — one of whom was identified as the suspect. A 16-year-old female and a 14-year-old male died at the hospital.
The suspect has been identified as a 16-year-old male whose birthday is today, according to Captain Kent Wegener of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department, who added that the suspect was currently in "grave" condition. The Sheriff's department has not released the suspect's name.
Video clearly shows the suspect withdraw a weapon from his backpack and shoot five people before shooting himself in the head, according to Wegener, who added that the weapon was a 45-caliber semi-automatic pistol, which had no bullets left in it when it was recovered.
The shooting was reported at 7:38 a.m. local time at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, about 48 kilometers northwest of Los Angeles. A 14-year-old girl, a 15-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy were injured but survived the shooting.
A warrant is being processed to search the subject's home, and police said they are beginning the "very lengthy" process of starting an investigation "into why this happened."
White House Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere said President Donald Trump had been made aware of the ongoing situation.
Köhnə versiyamızdan xəbərləri izlə